How can I share Jesus with others?
Question: “How can I introduce someone to Jesus? How can I share Jesus with others? One of God's greatest desire is for His children to introduce others to Him.”
At first, inviting a person to receive Jesus can be intimidating, even frightening, but this will quickly turn to joy after having invited others to receive Christ a few times.
It is the Holy Spirit that draws a person to God. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them (John 6:44). First, pray that the Lord may make a person available to talk with, and pray that the Lord will open their heart and mind to the Word, that they may be prepared to receive, and that the Lord will fill you with guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Isn’t it comforting to know that God is doing all the work, and all you are doing is making yourself available to Him. No one has ever saved another person; they only make themselves' available to God. If the person accepts or rejects Jesus, it is in God’s hands, not yours. However, while the person may not accept Jesus at the time you spoke with them, you have still planted a seed.
- May I ask you a question? Important step, do not skip.
- If you were to die today, do you know if you would go to heaven? Most will answer yes, maybe, I think so, or I do not know. Few will say no.
- Why do you believe that you will go to heaven (or may not go to heaven if appropriate)?
If you have a person that believes they are not a sinner, you may want to insert the suggests at the end here.**
- God is Holy, that means He is sinless. Even though He loves you more than you can ever imagine, and wants you to be in heaven with Him, He will not let sin remain in heaven.
- Does that make sense to you? Almost all will say yes.
- The problem is that we have all sinned in our life and fallen short of the glory of God.
- How can we pay the penalty for our sins?
- On our own, there is nothing we can do to pay for our sins.
- But God in His great love, has provided a way to cleanse us of our sins so that we can be holy and spend eternity in heaven.
- God sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross in our place, to pay for our sins.
- Does that make sense to you?
- Would you like to go to heaven?
- Would you like to invite Jesus into your life to forgive you, to clean you, and to be your Lord?
Assuming that they say yes, say,
Great, say this prayer after me.
Father, I ask that you would forgive me of my sins, cleanse me, and be my Lord and savior, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Congratulate them, suggest they read their Bible daily, starting with the fourth book of the New Testament, John, and find a good Bible Church.
You will find that this scrip works well when the Lord has gone before you and prepared their heart and mind.
** If a person believes they are a good person and will go to heaven, you may want to present the following.
- You think you are a good person, do you think God would consider you a good person? Lets look at three laws from the Ten Commandments.
- Have you ever told a lie, a fib, a half truth? What does that make you?
- Have you ever stolen something? What does that make you?
- Have you ever looked at someone with lust. That makes you an adulterer.
- By your own admission, you are a lair, a thief, and an adulterer. And that is only 3 of the Ten Commandments.
Next Section: How can I pray salvation for others?