How can faith be optimized?
Question: “How can faith be optimized beyond just believing, to operating within the power of God’s Word?”
If we want to accomplish all that God has for us, we need to take possession of the tools that God has provided us. Only faith has the power to believe the potential within God’s tools, including healing, prosperity, and blessings.
It is strong faith that provides victory in all circumstances including the devil’s attacks.
Many sincere Christians want to operate to a greater degree with stronger faith, but do not know how.
Let us review some of the considerations to a strong faith. For we have received, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned (Romans 12:3).
But faith is not just an act of the will; rather faith is acting within the Word of God.
1. The first step to a strong faith is not to follow the examples of others. This leads us into the trap of following a formula that at times may work, but many other times will not work. You will notice that Jesus always followed the Holy Spirit and most times His healing's came about in different manners. Likewise, do not build your faith on your past experiences. Past experiences may build your faith in operation, but not in execution.
2. The second step to a strong faith is to build your faith on the Word of God. If God says it, then it is truth. As Jesus repeatedly said when confronted by Satan, “it is written.”
Do you want a strong faith that moves in the power of the Holy Spirit? Do you want a strong faith that receives from God? Build your faith on the Word of God until it becomes a part of you. As Palms 107:20 says, He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
3. Obedience is a key ingredient.
Just knowing the Word is not sufficient. We must walk in the light and truth of the Word. We must know what the Word says and then be willing to do what it says. And receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him (1 John 3:22). We receive because we obey. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you (John 15:7). Notice that these verses do not say just ask what ever you want and you will receive, they possess a condition. That is, obey and you will receive. But how can we obey if we do not know what the Word says unless the Word first abides in us.
Building faith builds confidence that God will do exactly what He says. We need to pray with great expectation.
4. If we are not living as God would have us, then we have no right to expect that God will give us what we have asked. It is not so much that He will not, but that He cannot because we are not walking in line with His Word.
5. We must have humility, remembering that answered prayers are to God’s praise and glory, not ours.
6. Boldness in our authority against the devil and in God’s promises. While many are afraid to step up and use the Lords authority and promises, Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7).
7. Doubt is what kills faith. Whenever you detect doubt, cast it out in the name of Jesus and replace it with the Word of God.
However, many get so engrossed with the idea of having faith that they forget what they have faith in. Faith is not believing in faith. Faith is believing in God and what He says is absolutely true.
Follow these steps, moving in faith and power of the Word and your faith will grow stronger and more confident.
Click for a list of faith verses.
Next Section -