What Are Your Favorite Verses?
Question: “What are your favorite verses listed by category?”
The following verses or parts of verses are some of my favorite and I review them at least weekly. Some have been personalized. Favorite verses change as circumstances in my life change and as I grow in the Lord.
- This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it (Ps 118:24).
- Pray the Lord’s Prayer (Matt 6:9-
13). A model for prayer.
- Praise the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, praise his holy name (Ps 103:1).
- I love the Lord my God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind and with all my strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:30-
- But as for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s Word is flawless (Ps 18:30).
- God gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).
- I have learned to be content (Phil 4:11).
- do to others what you would have them do to you (Matthew 7:12).
- Who are you who judge anther’s servant? (Romans 14:4).
- with humility of mind regard others as more important than yourselves (Phil 2:3). How can I serve?
- For as he thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverb 23:7).
- God’s armor of protection. Belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, feet gospel, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and sword – The Word (Eph 6:13-
- I keep asking that God … may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, to know him better (Eph 1:17).
- Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips (Ps 141:3).
- Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking… but instead let there be thanksgiving. (Eph 5:4).
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you (Ps 32:8).
- Make your way plain for me to follow (Ps 5:8).
- Teach me to do your will, for you are my God (Ps 143:10).
- Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is there anything too hard for Me? (Jer 32:27).
- Lord, see if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (Psalm 39:24).
- Lord, I ask you to send out workers into Your harvest field (Matt 9:38).
- You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing (Ps 16:2).
- Love is patient, love is kind (1 Cor 13:4). Love is humble.
- Do everything in love (1 Cor 16:14).
- If God be for us, who can be against us (Rom 8:31).
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow (Matt 6:34).
- May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else (1 Thes. 3:12).
- Lord, thank you that your Word says, Beloved one, concerning all things, that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers (3 John 2).
- Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you (Heb 13:5). You are always with me.
- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God (Romans 8:28).
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ask (acknowledge) him, and he will make your paths straight (Prv3:5-
6). Trust in God to do it.
- But seek first God’s kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you (Matt 6:33).
- Withhold not your mercies from me, Lord: let your loving kindness and truth continually protect me (Ps 40:11).
- My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19).
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13). I can be friendly and loving.
- God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and of a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7).
- Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him (Ps 37:7).
- Jesus came that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10).
- If you ask in his will, in his name, and don’t doubt but believe what you say, you will receive (Composite).
- I give you authority to tread … over ALL the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19).
- In my name, they will cast out demons (Mark 16:17).
- No evil shall befall me, nor shall any plague come near me (Ps 91:10).
- He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one (2 Thes 3:3).
- by His Stripes I am healed (Isaiah 53:5).
- I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord (Jer 30:17).
- He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases (Matt 8:17).
- those who believe...they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover (Mark 16:17-
- He will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Him: because he trust in Him (Isaiah 26:3).
- Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4).
- Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say rejoice (Phil. 4:4).
- Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thes 5:18).
- Let the peace of God rule in your heart (Col 3:15).
- I cast all my anxiety on him because he cares for me (1 Peter 5:7). Thank you for the victory.
- May the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in him (Romans 15:13).